MATLAB is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualisation, and numeric computation. But what is it really used for? Come to this session to learn what MATLAB is, where it’s used in the industry and a demo showcasing what you can do with MATLAB.
No experience required. This is a hands-on seminar where you will learn to import real data, fit a model and export your results to a self-contained user-friendly app in less than 2h.
There will be food, drinks, gifts and prizes!
- 18:00 – 18:15: registration
- 18:15 – 18:30: presentation and getting started
- 18:30 – 19:00: workshop I
- 19:00 – 19:30: break (food provided)
- 19:30 – 20:00: workshop II
- Importing data
- Creating visualizations
- Curve fitting
- Creating an app
- You need to be a member of UU (student, faculty, researcher…) or be in possession of a MATLAB license.
- A laptop
- A copy of MATLAB installed on your laptop (you can do it on the spot, but it will save you quite some time if you install it beforehand). Information about access to MATLAB for UU members here
- Registration is mandatory